Friday, August 03, 2007

Back to Spain

My week in Lagos, Portugal has come to an end and I I am on my way back to the South of Spain for a week or so. Right now it is looking like I will hit up Seville, Malaga, Granada, Barcelona before heading to Paris and the D-Day beaches for a week. I have made plans to meet up with a friend from UBC (Colin Olsen) to travel around the south of France in the middle of Aug. From there my plans are really up in the air agian.

The past 10 days I have been traveling around with the same group of people that I met in Porto and Lisbon. The days have mostly been filled with long breakfasts (only €3!), days at the beach and cheap social beverages throughout the course of the night. Portugal has been great, but it's time to move on.
In my time here I did manage to make a day trip out to the most Westernly point of Continental Europe (a small town called Sagres). There wasn't much to see, but I was this close and had to make the trip.
A word of warning if you are planning on traveling around Portugal - don't buy a rail pass for it. It is much cheaper to just buy point to point tickets.

I know I have a ton of stories to tell, but they really need the pictures to accompany them. Unfortunately I can't upload on this computer, so they will have to wait.

I'm off to catch a bus to Seville in my smokey bar clothes from last night (I had already packed my bag and wasn't about to dig through it this morning - I can handle being the smelly guy on this leg of the trip).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home