Friday, June 29, 2007

Countdown

Can you believe I only have 14 days left in Ireland!? I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around it...

On Tuesday I gave my 2 weeks notice at work and will be finishing on July 10th. This will give me the 11th to pack and run my final errands before flying to Spain on the 12th. I'm still trying to figure out how to book a seat reservation on the Spanish train from Madrid to Pamplona (apparently this should be done well in advance because they regularly fill-up), but am waiting to hear back from a half dozen e-mails, hopefully containing a bit of advice. Aside from that, I have booked a few nights in a campground in Munich for the first week of Oktoberfest, and have been scouting out other festivals/events throughout Western Europe that I may potentially check out. Turns out there is a TON of stuff going on, especially in Spain. Every town has a huge festival (although I'm not sure if they will be able to live up to the standard set by Logger's Sports Day...)

We were hoping to find somesort of Canada Day celebration around here, but it looks like the closest we are going to get is a live acoustic music session at the Aussie Bar. I was hoping to get over to Trafalgar Square in London for their week-end long celebration, but flights were a bit too expensive. Also, with the recent bomb scare just a few blocks away I'm not sure if I want to be there with all the heightened security.

I have a bit more to say, but I'll save it for my next post (plus, it's time for my lunch break here at work, haha)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home