Tuesday, July 17, 2007

So I was trying to stay out of the sun today and save that for my day at the beach tomorrow, but just got back from dinner and saw myself in a mirror . . . legs are burnt, face and arms are pretty red and it looks like I'm permanently wearing a white t-shirt and shorts. Awesome. As if I didn't stand out on the beach enough as it is already.

Just a few observations. I'm not sure if it was just bad timing on my part, or if it is an acceptable social practice, but when I was in Zaragoza (keep in mind it is a beautiful city), there were a few awkward moments I encountered around the city - read: public masterbation.
The first occurance happened when I was checking my e-mail at the internet cafe when I first got into town. The guy was a few seats down and luckily I was just finished getting directions to my hostal, so I got ut of dodge. At first a few thoughts went through my mine - maybe there is a spark on his pants and he's trying to put it out. Maybe I should give him a hand (how's that for a pun!). That thought quickly passes and I was shocked back into reality. The next was just walking through a morning flea market, across the square to the cathedral. Low and behold, there's a guy on the bench going at it; and nobody seemed to take notice at all.

My time is up at the internet shop here so I will have to leave it at that.
If I am too burnt to sit on the beach tomorrow I will pop back into town and see about adding another update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home