Sunday, July 22, 2007

Oh Porto, Oporto

I have made it to Portugal; Porto to be exact.
Yesterday I didn't quite think I was going to make it here, but with a bit of luck everything worked out. I expected trains from Spain to Portugal to be quite frequent. Wrong. There was one, and it left Salamanca at 4:51am. Seeing as I had my hostel booked in advance I didn't have much of a choice, so I booked the reservation. Once again I was greeted with the full friendliness that is Spanish Customer Service. I asked if he spoke English - No. So just to make sure that I got the correct details across to the guy I had written everything out in addition to telling him what I needed in my brutal Spanish. After giving me a stare of death while I tried to communicate with him he printed my ticket took my cash, then held his hand above the counter and dropped my change all over the place. I guess he wasn't in the mood to talk to an English-speaker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home