Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's amazing what can happen in a few short hours

What a horrible day . . . and it's only noon.

I got turned down for a bank account because they need proof that I am registered with Irish Tax Services (that letter supposed to on it's way, but has been 2 weeks already). It also doesn't help matters that you have to deal with the same branch as your employer, so instead of walking down the street to deal with Ulster Bank, I have to go across town.

I only managed to pull off 2 hours at work today before coming down with a splitting headache and general "sick" feelings, so I packed it in for the day. On the way home the wind was blowing like I've never seen before (the news is saying it's 120km/hr+). I was blown hard into the side of a building walking down the street, then almost fell as I was crossing the bridge over the river Lifey. Fortunately I was able to brace myself against the rail, but in the process had my glasses blown off my face, carried about 300 feet and dropped into the middle of the Lifey. I stood shocked for moment, then, realizing that I couldn't do anything about it, laughed. I made it home in a blurry haze and plan on taking it easy for the rest of the day. On the plus side, I did bring the prescription for my glasses with me and have a few sets of contacts here so that I'm not pulling a Mr. Magoo for the next few days. Hopefully I'll be feeling better by tomorrow and can pretend like today didn't happen.

Alright, that's enough complaining out of me for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home