Thursday, December 14, 2006

This is where I work

So I finally heard back from my interviews and landed a job with Guinness for at least the next 3-months. Apparently they always extend their contracts too, so I'm thinking I'll be in Dublin for a while yet. The job is right at the Brewery/Storehouse (which is only a 15 minute walk from my place) and I've been hearing a rumour that there is free lunch and discounted alcohol (all the Diageo brands).

The position I was really shooting for was taste tester, but that's probably an internal posting anyways . . . My official title is Packaging Specification Systems Administrator (I know what you're thinking - PURE EXCITEMET!). Apparently I'll be a go-between between the head office and the packaging manufacturers. The past two months of having no real schedule has been great, but getting back into a routine will probably be good for me (as well, the job will be good for the bank account). I'm still not quite sure when I start, but it's supposed to be sometime in the next week or so - at that point it will have been 16 weeks since I last worked. I think it's going to be a rough first week of early mornings considering the fact that I have fallen into the habbit of sleeping in 'till about half nine every day. There is no point in getting up before that anyways because businesses don't open before 11 around here.

Until I find more to write about - Merry Christmas

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

bahahahha, i just laughed outloud, how appropriate for you. Sounds good though. P.S. Sleeping until 9:30 doesn't count as sleeping in!

6:29 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'half nine'?

you've already assimilated

haha

3:15 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home