Saturday, January 06, 2007

So here's the story . . .

My computer died on me yesterday - I did a reboot and got the "blue screen of death". I'm in the process of reformatting and reinstalling windows. Luckily enough I remembered my install CDs, but don't have any of my old software (including data recovery programs). As of right now the vast majority of my pics are gone, but I have a few. I'm going to try to scavenge them off the hard drive, but we'll have to wait and see what I can recover.

Aside from that:
- Christmas was pretty uneventful and boring
- It rained the 4 days of big horse racing event, so I never made it out there
- New Years was tons of fun (I'll put up pics if I get them back)
- First week of work went smoothly, but isn't all that exciting (although there may be a trip planned to Befast in the near future to check out one of the production facilities up there)
- As we have no tv, I bought an unlimited movie pass for the theater at the end of the street. So I plan on trying to stay up to date in the cinematic world.
- Right now I'm just on my way out the door to check out Malahide Castle in North Dublin. I think this will be castle #6 for me - the ones in Luxembourg and Ghent are the clear favorites so far.

Hopefully I'll have things back up and running (with all of my pics) soon - then I'll put up a new post or two.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you ever want to send pics over for me to save on the hd just let me know. (i realize it's a little late now but...whatever) hope you get it all back. let me know if you want me to send you any software online.

8:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home