Monday, September 22, 2008

Just a quick update while I have free internet

Decided to cut my stay in Ljubljana a bit short and met up with Colin and his friend (Greg - another UBC grad) in Vienna. We met up when I arrived, grabbed a drink and made our plans for the next few days. The next morning we got the train to Bratislava which turned out to be nothing like it was depicted on either Hostel or EuroTrip, surprize, surprize. It was a pretty cool city and we managed to take a good number of random pictures to go along with the random statues. After a few days there Colin and I took off to Brno, while Greg went to Innsbruck. We had a bit of an issue with the sights in Brno (waited 45 minutes in a train ticket line only to be told they don't sell the type of ticket we needed, tried to go to the Mendel Museum but it is closed for restoration). On the bright side, on the second day we made it out to a sweet set of caves and wandered through them for the afternoon. Yesterday I hopped on the bus to Prague on my own and leave for Cesky Krumlov tomorrow. Everyone has been telling me that Prague was AMAZING 10 years ago and now is just overly exploited and overrun with tourists. They are right. I am planning on hitting a few smaller towns over the next week, along with a half dozen breweries (Pilsen, Budvar, and a few others) in an effort to prep myself (and my liver) for Oktoberfest next week. The weather has taken a turn for the bitter cold (around 5-10 degrees) which has been a shock to the system after the swealering heat of Croatia (low 40s). It's hard to believe they are only like an inch apart on the map...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home