Friday, September 05, 2008

Leaving Budapest

So a week stay in Budapest has turned out to be a little long, but I have made the most of it. Over the first few days I took in the usual sights, in the middle I got some laundry done, and the last 2 days I have been a lazy bum at the hostel. Luckily there have been a few groups of other people that are doing the same thing - they have been traveling for months on end as well and were looking for a break.

I really would have liked to be able to get to Belgrade, Sarajevo and a few other spots in the area, but with some buses and boats only running once a week and limited rail access in Croatia I just couldn't work it out, and still meet up with Colin in Bratislava on the 16th. Tonight I hop on a 13 hour overnight bus to Split, Croatia where I will spend a few days before crawling down to Dubrovnik (which I have been told by countless people is the most beautiful town in the world). I have rented an apartment there for 3 nights and really looking forward to it. The temperature has been in the low 30s for the past week and is supposed to be more of the same as I travel south.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home