Monday, October 16, 2006

Mind The Kerb

Mind the step, mind the kerb, mind your head, watch for pick-pockets, look right, look left - it seems like there are warnings EVERYWHERE on the street here (along with tons and tons of CCTV cameras watch you).

So a week has come and gone, but after a pocket full of ticket stubs to attractions, thousands of steps to the top of the London Bridge, St. Pauls Cathedral, The Monument, etc. and about 500 pictures, I like to think I have seen and done quite a bit in the time I've had. My days have been pretty rushed, but I've managed to enjoy every minute of it. Once I get more organized and have access to a computer that lets me upload my pics, I'll put up some of my favorites.

Forget the Netherlands being odd for putting mayo on their fries . . . how about corn and ketchup as extra toppings on your sandwich at Subway? Alright, so I had the corn on mine and it was delicious, but ketchup!?
Aside from a few oddities, London is just about like being home (or at least isn't too different). I've caught myself a few times having to remember where I am exactly - at times it has seemed like I would turn a corner and end up in Stanley Park.

In the morning I'm getting booted from my hostel and am off to Dublin (by the overnight train-bus-ferry route) and should get there by Wednesday morning. I left booking a hostel a bit late, so am fairly limited with places to stay. However, I've found a place within walking distance of downtown that should do the trick for the week.

This week has been the longest time in a while that I have gone without hanging out with good friends, but that will come to a close very soon. I talked to Susan yesterday and word is that we are starting off the weekend early with an Irish concert of some sort (don't really know the details, but she sold me on it - honestly, how can you go wrong?). After that I figure we'll hit up some of the regular sights around Dublin for the rest of the weekend.

Thanks to those that have written and I'll try to stay on top of getting back to everyone. Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home