Monday, September 18, 2006

Another Week Closer

Now that I'm leaving in 3 weeks I finally got around being more of a tourist in Vancouver and walked around the seawall and all through Yale Town. I've just never had any reason to go before, but with my aunt and uncle in town it was a good excuse to see the sights. Last week I also made it out to the IMAX at Science World to see Bugs! 3D - a very informative trip.


I'm STILL waiting on my work visas; apparently the British High Commission has been taking their sweet time approving immigration paperwork since the last terrorism scare. I've got plenty of time before I really need it all sorted out, but the sooner the better.

My tentative plans (pending the approval of my visas on time) are as follows:
Oct 10 - London
Oct 18 - Dublin
Oct 30 - Eindhoven
Oct 31 - Amsterdam
Nov 3 - The Hauge/Rotterdam
Nov 4 - Antwerp
Nov 5 - Luxembourg City (Hamm Cemetery and Sandwieler)
Nov 7 - Brussels
Nov 9 - Ghent
Nov 10 - Bruges
Nov 11 - Ypres
Nov 12 - Fly from Brussels back to Dublin

Hopefully in my first trip to Dublin I will be able to open a bank account, find a few promising jobs and scout out a place to live for the winter.
I know I haven't even started these trips, but Spring plans are already in the works . . . I'm thinking about starting in Portugal, then moving East through Spain, France and Germany, more on this once I finish the first leg.

P.S. If anyone has suggestions about were I should go in the places listed above, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home