Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I made it!

So I am finally here in London!
The flight over was great and got moved to empty rows on both of my flights (and even managed to get a bit of sleep). I got to the hostel at around noon, then went straight downtown to see what I could see. Turns out I just can't get away from the local sights of Vancouver/Sqamish. I walked though Harrods Department Store and was taking a look at the new plasma TVs on the 4th floor - the demo they had playing on them caught my eye right away . . . it was False Creek, then Stanley Park, The Chief and Whistler Village. I got a bit of a laugh out of it. After that I went down the street to check out the V&A Museum, and walking toward me is Torin Falknor (from Squamish). Turns out he's been travelling around Europe for the past few months and has settled in London for a while.

I've managed to get around the city quite a bit in the last 2 days (all thanks to the Underground - greatest transit system I've ever seen). I'm still not quite used to looking right when I step off the side walk, but everyone seems a bit sketchy when it comes to "rules of the road" around here. Yesterday I saw a guy on a scooter get taken out by a bus, and stop lights are routiney treated as a suggestion only.
Although, in the past 48 hours, I've seen more Bentlys, Aston Martins and every other luxery car imaginable, than ever before.

My time at the cafe here is running out, so hopefully I'll be able to write a bit more next time,
Trev

2 Comments:

Blogger SAS said...

Trevor! I'm so glad you made it in one piece and you are enjoying yourself. I'll be checking your blog often! Xo
Sheila

11:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squamish 4 Life.

1:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home