Thursday, March 29, 2007

Countdown to Unemployment

It's (almost) my last day of work - tonight is my going away party, although I think it is fairly probable that I will be coming back in the near future on a new contract. Hopefully I'll find out for sure in the next week or so. There are a few positions coming up, but all are awaiting final budget approval. Ideally I'll have something that starts near the end of April and lasts for about 4 months so that I can take off and travel for all of Fall.

As for tonight's events, I think we're going for drinks at the Shelbourne (Marriott) Hotel over by St. Stevens Green, then eating at an Itallian restaurant before grabbing a few pints.

Tomorrow I have a final teleconference to confirm the end of the project I've been working on for the past 3 months, then I should be free!

I still find it hard to believe that I came here and ended up working at the Guinness Brewery . . . it's been an amazing experience - so much more than I had expected (and it sure beats working on the front-end as a bar-back or bartender). Fingers crossed, I'll be back next month and will be able to keep my foot in the door, possibly moving on to a branch of the company in the UK when my Irish work visa expires.

Yet again I'm interviewing for a new roommate. Tyler (our newest flatmate) just got word that his Dad needs help on their farm just outside of Perth. Apparently they are seeding the fields and haven't been able to find any hired help. Originally Tyler was going to stick around until the summer before moving to Canada, but will be taking off for home on Tuesday instead. I posted an ad about 3 hours ago and have received a few dozen replies already. We shouldn't have any trouble filling the spot, but it's always a hassle to go through the process. I'm hoping to get it all worked out in the next day or two because Tricia gets here on Sunday and I'd much rather play tour guide than real estate agent.

Back to pretending to work . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home