Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

Another quick update.
My computer has finally crashed for good. The hard drive fails to spin, so I have retired the Toshiba after almost 6 years. My flatmates said that I could use their computers whenever I wanted to for the last month that I am living in Edinburgh, but the following day our internet signal went out (we were just using the open wireless signal from someone in our building). Considering the fact that I spend 7 hours a day sitting in front of a computer, I'm not totally cut off from the world, but not being able to google every odd thing, or look it up on Wikipedia, has taken a bit of getting used to.

This past weekend was my birthday and it turned out really good. We had a quiz night at work, then I went out with some of my co-workers. Saturday was cold and wet, so it wasn't all bad that I hung out on the couch for most of the day... Then Sunday I went out with some friends to North Berwick to walk along the beach before grabbing lunch at a pub. My flatmates got me a cake, so we had some of that while watching a movie last night.

Tonight a friend from home is coming up to visit for a few days - he has been touring around Europe a bit, then stopped in to see Tyler in London the past couple of days. I always look forward to having a familiar face around. It definitely makes the time go by a lot quicker.

At the end of the month 2 friends are coming over from Dublin to visit for the weekend, then I will be down to 3 weeks left until I finish work and move on with my travelling - I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home