Saturday, April 21, 2007

Just a few new notes

So apparently donating blood is a good way to guarantee a cheap night at the pub . . .
It had been 4 months since I originally had my blood tested and passed with flying colors. Now that I have all this time on my hands, waiting for my next contract to start, I figured I would make the most of my day and donate (plus, the enticement of a free chocolate bar, bag of crisps/chips and glass of Guinness never hurts). I was in and out the the Transfusion Services Building in about 20 minutes, took it easy in the afternoon, but decided to join my flatmates in a few drinks when they got home from work. After 2 pints I was down and out (for a "power nap") - by 9pm I was back up and ready to go to the pub. We met up with one of Vanessa's friends from home that got in earlier in the week, then had another drink. I called it a night at that point and was in bed by 10pm, although was woken up around 4:30am when the girls got back to the flat.

I got a message from Garrett Rutten last night saying that his girlfriend, Allison Macleod, was in Dublin for a quick stop over. This morning I tracked her down and we hung out for a bit before she takes off for Galway to do a similar trip to the one that I just finished (only in reverse order with a few less stops). It seems like I've had no shortage of seeing people from home since I got here (4 in the past couple of months), but it's always great to see a familiar face and not have to go through the standard introductory conversation that you get whenever you meet someone new.

I managed to get all my pics uploaded, so you can take a browse through of you want to see (rather than read) what I have been up to the past few weeks.

I'm just off to watch the Scottish Grand National Horse Race down at the bookie, then will probably check out another movie. Tricia was saying that Alpha Dog has been out for a while back home, but it has just come out here. If nothing else it has to be better than Wild Hogs or Sunshine. However, I plan on checking out Blades of Gory for a second time in the theatre just for a good laugh. The Irish/British definitely don't have the same sense of humour as back home - sarcasm, irony and general wit just don't seem to be all that popular. Especially at the pub, they'd rather just "have a laff" and call people down (which is pretty funny from time to time, but begins to wear pretty thin throughout the night).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home